November 17, 2005

Questions, questions...

I'm back to my old tricks. Well, actually I never abandoned my old tricks. I'm procrastinating again. I'm supposed to be doing my Author Questionnaire and I HATE it! I LOATHE it! I ABHOR it! It's like the most hideous assignment you ever received in high school from the toughest and most critical and unfair teacher who didn't think you were realizing your full potential. And he was right. For those of you who don't know about Author Questionnaires, they're given to an author by her publisher several months prior to the publication of her book. It's basically a list of questions ranging from What's your full name? to If you could construct an interview for yourself, what questions would you want to be asked? to Also note any awards [your last] book may have won. The answer to the latter is, umm, let me think...NONE!! Do you see? Do you see why this thing is detestable? Oh, I can't tell you how much I hate it. It's an albatross around my neck. Its seemingly-innocent questions make me feel so inadequate. I have no outside interests. I have received no honors or special citations or prizes. I don't write for any publications. I have no viable media contacts. I have a blog. But it's 2005, who doesn't? (I just realized that I can change my font color. Pretty.) Anyway, of course my publisher told me that I should hand it back in as soon as possible and I'm dragging my feet, like I always do, and pretending that little literary elves are going to complete it for me while I sleep. I'm also pretending that I'm working on it even when I'm not actually working on it. In college, if I had a week to do a paper, I wouldn't even start writing it until the night before, but I would justify it by convincing myself that I'd been thinking and composing and organizing the material in my head so that when it was time to start writing, the words would just flow. (Now the green's bumming me out.)

Here's what I've got so far:
Name: Anita Liberty
Hometown: New York City
Occupation: Writer/Performer
Other fields of interest or study, avocations, hobbies:
I like to knit. And play computer solitaire. And watch T.V. And google myself. I like to internet shop. I go to different online stores, fill up my cart and then leave the site when I realize that I either don’t want what I’ve chosen or I can’t afford what I’ve chosen. It takes up a lot of my time. You’d be surprised. Or maybe you wouldn’t.

Okay, okay. I'll work on it.

No comments: